Short Legs, Long Body?

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I noticed on several occasions, upon tight scrutiny, that when I have my jeans on, I looked somehow challenged vertically. Something doesn't seem right but I can't point my finger as to what it was exactly. Whenever I wear heels, I look fine, but not with flatties.

I was at an image management seminar last year. It was really interesting as we did a comprehensive profiling on our body shape and the type of clothes that fit our body type and shape. It was so comprehensive that it spells out in detail what looks great, ok and bad for a particular body, from the sleeves, to the hemline, to the cut of jacket, pants and even the swimwear and thongs! We took measurements from the head to the toes and our measurement data were then sent over to Australia to be processed. Within a few days, my complete profile was out. I was shocked with the findings.



In the past, I was disillusioned to think that I have a well proportioned body. When I look into the mirror, quite often I am satisfied with what I see, a nice, slender body with an acceptable height.

Anyway, my profile read as follows:-

body shape : triangle (that means pear shaped body with larger hips than bust)
body type: long body, short legs

That explains why I looked short wearing certain pants or jeans. The solution to my problem, always wear heels. If my legs are 3 inches shorter than what it should be, then I have to compensate by wearing 3 inch heels to bring my body back to proportion. I also learnt that everything can be camouflaged and every flaw can be hidden or corrected (to a certain degree) with the right clothing.




As for my short legs, I thank God for stilettos.

Posted by Mae at 2:22 PM  

6 comments:

April 17, 2007 at 3:32 PM
Anonymous said...

Come on admit it, wearing stilettos is just an excuse to put fear in men? :-P

  April 17, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Anonymous said...

I on the other hand, have a shorter body and longer legs but heels are still the way to go! :)

  April 26, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Mae said...

Galivanter - do men fear stilettos or tall women?

Lucky you Paris Beavebanks, lucky you :)

  April 27, 2007 at 11:45 AM
sarynkay said...

I'm interested in attending one of these image management seminars. Do you know where I can get more information?

Thanks!

  February 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM
Anonymous said...

I am 41 and I just realized that I have short legs. I am finding it painful but I am kind of impressed that I deluded myself for so long. If you are going to be deluded than than one may as well be on the winning side of the equation!! I am trying to adjust to this new awareness and also to be grateful that I do have legs and can walk etc. I mean, really!

  May 4, 2011 at 4:28 AM
Unknown said...

I also have this issue, with very short legs and a very long body. I'm 5 foot 7 and 21 years old and have to buy trousers from the short range (but generally i find it easier to wear skirts and dresses) but tops from the tall range! I look a bit silly shopping in both ranges lol!
I was just wondering if your as equally out of proportion as i am... try this... sit flat on the floor at home with your back against a wall, sitting as upright as possible and stretch your legs straight out. Now... can you touch the floor straight down by your hips? I cant! Yet my mum is the only other person I've ever met who cant. Just wondered...:)

 

Post a Comment