Lip Embroidery / Tattooing

Saturday, February 10, 2007

A symmetrical face


Last week was an interesting week. My friend Sally was back from Australia. Despite our age gap, we enjoy hanging out together. We had one thing in common, we are both vain and we would pay the price or suffer the pain for the sake of vanity.

Sally had always wanted a set of full lips like that of Angelina Jolie's. She didn't believe in injecting some foreign substance into the body but had not qualms about cuts, stitches and pain. As such collagen was out of the question. She opted for lip embroidery. Sally was to an extent able to choose the shape of her desired lips which she had coveted for such a long time.

We made an appointment with Ms Tang at Metro Prima at Kepong. Ms Tang and her sister are trained "surgeons" from China who had performed thousands of "minor cosmetic surgeries" for more than a decade. Both Sally and I were hopeless at Mandarin and both the sisters could only converse in Mandarin. Still, that didn't stop us from our pursuit for beauty.

Sally knew exactly what she wanted. She had pictures of Amber, Angelina and Gong Li ready for Ms Tang. However, Ms Tang couldn't give her Amber nor Angelina's lips. There are some factors that had to be considered, the original shape of her lips and facial structure. As such, she could only give her slightly fuller and thicker lips.

Couldn't keep my eyes off this picture



Amazing, you can choose the eyes and lips that you desire


My personal favourite - Arousing


Check out the English. I think it is a direct translation from Mandarin


First Ms Tang drew the outline of the lips for Sally's approval. After many corrections and half and hour of chicken and duck talk trying to convince Ms Tang that thick lips are now fashionable and not abominable, the next step was to choose the colour to be tattooed on the lips. Fortunately Sally chose a light colour.

Ms Tang took out her "tattooing pen" and she started inflicting pain for a whole hour on Sally's lips. For the sake of beauty, Sally withstood every prick from the needle that fell onto her lips. She had an option, to either take 4 jabs of anesthetic around the lips, a painless process but her lips will swell up for a few hours or just opt for numbing liquid. Since she had a business presentation in 2 hours, she opted for more pain less swell.

Tattooing in progress


I was with Sally throughout the whole process. I was contemplating whether I should get my lips done. I saw every gory detail. Asked as many questions I could with my limited Mandarin. Saw the end result of my friends ordeal. Ms Tang assured me that I would look lovely with light pinkish lips as I had pale skin and didn't have much pigmentation on my lips. The cost of lip embroidery is RM1,000.00 which includes touch ups.

There are alot of things I would do for the sake of vanity, but I think I will pass on this one.

Posted by Mae at 9:52 AM  

8 comments:

February 12, 2007 at 2:09 PM
Rauff said...

Bloody hell~! What other morbid things that women do to look pretty?

I would tattoo on your friend's forehead "Dufus".

Dang~ Don't you dare do it girl.

  February 12, 2007 at 3:14 PM
Jason Lioh said...

This brings vain pot to a whole new level.

The eys, the nose, the lips, the eye brows, the eye lashes... What else? -.-l

  February 13, 2007 at 8:28 PM
Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*runs away*

  February 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Mae said...

I dare not Rauff, I dare not!!!

Jason this is nothing compared to some of the things women will do, trust me I come from a family of vain pots.

Haha Mott, I will also run with you, very scared....

  February 15, 2007 at 2:42 AM
Cherry said...

dropping by ... we're just talking about embroidery thing which one of our collegue did for her eyebrows. and that also already make me go ... WOW ! now this lip embroidering ... triple WOW ! anyhow, what's done is done ... how's the results ... is your brave friend happy ?

  February 15, 2007 at 1:24 PM
Mae said...

Hi ninuk, it's not too good as the lips were quite swollen. Dif lips will have dif results. If the lips are pale without much pigmentation, I suppose it could look quite nice. I'll have to see Sally after a week or two and I'll keep you guys updated on the results:)

  February 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM
lainieyeoh said...

............ *wince*
so is she happy with the result?

  October 21, 2020 at 12:58 PM

I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site.
apple cider vinegar benefits for skin

 

Post a Comment