Valentine's Day, seven years ago...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Today is Valentine's day. I am one of the few who have difficulties remembering auspicious occasions. Heck I even forget my own birthday until I receive birthday wishes via sms from family and friends.

I remember when I was still dating James, I put off getting his gift until the very last minute, the night before Valentine's. I rushed off to One Utama that evening. I ran out of cash and was the ATM machine. I went into the air conditioned booth and when I was about to retrieve my cash, I felt someone hugging me from behind. I was startled and my instinct told me to deliver my kungfu tiger fist onto the deranged pervert. Quick as lightning I turned and when I was about to deliver the deadliest blow mankind has ever tasted, it was James. Thank God my reflexes were quick as lightning, it could have been a fatal blow if I hadn't stop on time.

What are the chances that he should catch me buying him a last minute gift? And to make things more embarrassing, I made up a lame ass excuse why I couldn't meet up with him that night.

Anyway he was there to get me a last minute present as well. That was seven years ago. Today, we are cool. We do not fuss over presents, flowers and dinners. Just a quiet night alone together watching DVD without any interruptions would be good enough for us.

This year James got me something big, which I will blog about another time:)

Posted by Mae at 11:11 AM  

9 comments:

February 14, 2007 at 11:57 AM
Jason Lioh said...

Haha, I remembered James blogged about the last minute gift incident too! :D

Nice huh?

Happy Valentine's Day.

  February 14, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Egghead said...

dun tell me... second baby? :P

  February 15, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Anonymous said...

happy valetine's. Thought I'd let you know that i actually tried out the Soho foot thing last weekend on what I read from you. Mr B's comment, wa, James' wife really happening wan a?

  February 15, 2007 at 1:28 PM
Mae said...

Mrs B, you guys have a great Valentine's too. And hope you and MrB are satisfied with the results :)

  February 15, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Mae said...

THanks Jason and you have a great one too.

Hehe Egghead, not telling yet :P

  February 16, 2007 at 10:09 AM
Anonymous said...

Hi Mae, this is my first time commenting. I got Carol's number from you, but have not called for appointment yet to try Drs. Seager. However, I have tried Dr Soho, due to your good review. Have been unhappy about my calluses since i can't remember when. Thanks to you I am very satisfied with the one-time result. Never knew there was such a service/product available.
Keep up the beauty reviews...now i am thinking of trying out the eyelash extensions :p
Have a great CNY...btw, will balik kampung to Taiping too.

  February 16, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Anonymous said...

Ahhh...becoz you keep writing abt plastic surgery..I couldn't stop thinking that he might hv given u a boob job! HAHAHAHAH...no offence ah...u mentioned BIG mah!!

Or perhaps it was he who went for a surgical procedure...??

Anyway, just wanna wish u and your family,

Gong Xi Gong Xi Gong Xi

Drive safe and keep healthy!

  February 16, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Mae said...

So glad that you are happy with Dr SoHo. I am sure you'll be happy with Carol as well, her massages are great. And a very happy new year to you too.

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you too Mott. I wish I weren't such a chicken shit, still no guts to get my boobs done. It will only make him happy, not me. Not a boob person:)

  February 19, 2007 at 12:17 AM
~Tiramisu~ said...

Hi Mae. Happy Chinese New Year to you n your family! :)

Gong Xi Fa Chai! Ang pow? Haha...

 

Post a Comment