Fighting menstrual problems with Blackstrap Molasses

Tuesday, February 27, 2007



As I was strolling along the buffet counter of medicine in my mother's home, I noticed a bottle of thick black sticky stuff similar to dark soy sauce ("hak si yau"). The label read "Organic Blackstrap Molasses". Out of curiosity, I asked my "physician" mother what it was.

Blackstrap Molasses is rich in calcium, iron and potassium. That explanation meant nothing to a layman like me. On further enquiry and in summary, the benefits of Blackstrap Molasses are as follows (women please take note):-

1. It reduces menstrual cramps
2. It reduces heavy blood flow during menstruation
3. Reduces or prevents the growth of fibrosis
4. It is anti-cancerous
5. Good for nails because of its high calcium contents
6. Gets rid of heart palpitation

A 1kg bottle of Blackstrap Molasses is priced at about RM15.00. I gave it a try, it wasn't revolting or putrid, there was just a lingering sourish taste behind my tongue. I will probably give it a go afterall its benefits outweighs its taste.

I have not taken enough to see its results and those facts were compiled based on my mother's research.

Posted by Mae at 9:53 PM  

7 comments:

February 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM
PP said...

wow this sounds like a miracle concoction - where does one get it? btw I tagged you for one of my last memes lol...

  March 2, 2007 at 1:37 AM
Anonymous said...

Wow..! i wonder if i can get it here.. in Canada..?? sounds like it's something that i need..! given my fibroids.. and pain.. !

  March 2, 2007 at 3:24 PM
suelynn said...

evening primrose oil works really well in curbing menstrual cramps too. also helps relieve pms symptoms plus other benefits.

ive been taking them since forever. no one knows when im having my period coz im happy clappy all the time save for when im down, i blame it on good ol' pms =P

  March 2, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Mae said...

YOu can get it at any organic shops Paris Beaverbanks. My mom got it from the organic shop in Tmn Tun (behind the Honda showroom). Haha will start doing the memes asap:)

Mama bok, I think you shd be able to get it from the organic shops in Canada, hope you'll be able to find it.

Hi Suelynn, glad that EPO works for you, yes and it is suppose to be good for the complexion :)

  March 3, 2007 at 8:15 PM
ckyeo said...

Dear All,

We are pleased to inform that we have a sponsor for the generation of program book for the party.
I need those who are attending the party to write an article of less than 250 words about the party by this weekend, 12 Noon
(March 4th 2007, 12.00pm)

Please reply the email (tggenquiry@gmail.com)with the subject as "Program Book for the Party" and information below. If you come with 2 or 3 person, can either write as a group/couple or individual. It's up to you.


Name :
Age :
Article (More than 250 words will be truncated) :



This must be submitted before 12 noon Sunday 3 March 2007 !! Or not WE WILL WRITE YOUR ARTICLE FOR YOU !!! FASTER SEND IF YOU DERN WAN SUMONE WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT URSELF WHICH'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY U!!

  March 4, 2007 at 9:35 PM
vagus said...

take it from a doctor: save your RM15 :)

  March 19, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Anonymous said...

may i know the exact shop address at tmn tun..i actually want to try blackstrap molasses as many people say it can treat grey hair problem too.....shaq

 

Post a Comment