It's in the face

Friday, March 23, 2007

Carol gave me a call to passed me a pack of hokkien mein which she bought for my dinner, enough to feed the family for 2 meals. I really love that woman.

Anyway we had a little chat at her dining table under a bright fluorescent light. This woman has flawless skin, I mean not a single mark on her face. She candidly told me that "I am forty something already and touch wood I don't have any eyebags or dark circle around my eyes. I don't even have laughter lines when I smile". To emphasise that fact, she put on a huge smile to show her wrinkleless complexion. What's your secret? I asked. "It is internal and external", was her answer to great skin.

Externally, the skincare products serve to cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin. However there is so much these product can do for the skin. If there is something wrong with the body or internal organs, it may show on the face". I asked her if was related to the picture I saw on her table. It was a picture of a face with a map like demarcation on different parts of the face.

I was right. She said that the chinese sinseh could tell what was wrong with a person by merely looking at the face. She said from her 15 years of experience as a beautician, the chineses sinseh's diagnoses can be quite accurate. For example if a person has pigmentation around the cheeks and after using proper skin care to rid the problem area, pigmentation still persists, the root cause may be the liver. As such to properly treat the pigmentation, use proper skincare for pigmentation and supplement it with the right nutrient for the liver. Milk Thistle is known for cleansing the liver.

I used to have millia seeds around my eyes. Lovely Carol removed them all for me. However the culprit could be bad blood circulation. As such, to combat bad blood circulation, most neutritionist would recommend Vit C and Gingko Biloba . Also according to Carol, tiny pimples on the forehead could be caused by stress or using the wrong shampoo.

Carol also gave me a tip on the proper way to take supplements. She just attended a health seminar and she learnt that for maximum results and absorption when taking supplements, take it consistently at a fixed time. Apparently the body is like a time table and at a certain fixed time every day, it will absorb the nutrients to its maximum capacity. That info was certainly something new for me. I'll give it a try to see if it holds any truth.

Posted by Mae at 10:18 AM  

4 comments:

March 23, 2007 at 1:37 PM
Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realise that milia seeds could be removed! I wish I had the time to see Carol...sigh..

one day..one day, I will!!

  March 27, 2007 at 12:35 AM
pinkberry said...

Carol's like an angel sent down from beauty heaven! Too bad we don't live in the same state.

I have oily skin. Has Carol passed on any pearls about this type of skin?

I really like your blog and look forward to your posts. You have such a cute kid. He seems really caring too.

  March 27, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Mae said...

When you are free Mott just email me :)

Glad you enjoy reading this blog pinkberry. Will ask Carol about oily skin, maybe I can write on it later:)

  March 27, 2007 at 9:56 PM
pinkberry said...

Yay! Thanks Mae.

Will be waiting patiently oil-slicked face and all:)

 

Post a Comment