Useful Shopping Tips

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Some months ago I was informed by Wendy that Zara was about to have their sale. I asked Wendy to go along with me to help me shop for some working clothes and she kindly obliged. It'll make shopping much faster and easier for me if I went with an image consultant. Wendy looks impeccable at all times and her secret, always get your suits from Edmund Ser and Zara during sales. The cut is great and the prices are reasonable.

I was so looking forward to our shopping trip but she had to cancel due to some last minute appointment. I was devastated. "You got to help me, Wendy" I cried in desperation. Wendy tried to calm me down and she gave me some tips on how to get jackets and pants.

The first lesson from Wendy, the length of the pants. Always wear your working shoes when you shop for your pants. It'll be weird if the pants are too short and you will look shorter if the pants are too long, ie when they cover all the heels. The right length would be when part of the heels can be seen.


The correct length for pants


The next problem was the jacket. She was very sure that I could fit into any Zara jacket as long as it was a "S" size, and she was right. This woman is good! Zara's jackets are lovely, perfect fit and perfect cut. I paid a little bit more for the material, texture and the cut but it was worth every penny that I spent.

The next suit will definitely be from Zara again, but of course I will have to wait for their next Sale!

Posted by Mae at 11:21 PM  

5 comments:

March 21, 2007 at 11:46 AM
Unknown said...

I usually wear the most comfortable shoes when I go shopping. Hence, when I chance upon some working long pants that I like, I usually have difficulty in deciding on the length of the pants (in case alteration is needed).

Having short-term memory lost case like you, I will pre-measure the length of my working pants at home, write it down on a note pad & carry the note pad with me when I go shopping.

Most of the time I tend to forget to do just that; either to measure or to carry my note pad.

In times like these I will just have to wear the high heels available outside the fitting rooms for a rough estimate. If I'm lucky I will go home with a perfect length pants. Otherwise, I will have to wear flat shoes to work to hide the flaw on my brand new pants. =(

  March 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Anonymous said...

OMG - Zara is on sale!!! Cheap or not?? The Zara sale in Spore not that good & only comes on bout once/twice a year. But MNG sale is cheap-cheap-cheap!!!!
Trick for me if i m not wearing heels is to go barefoot in the pants, then get the length of the pants at the point where it touches the floor + .5 inch more. works 4me wan.

  March 22, 2007 at 8:59 AM
Unknown said...

Candy: Good idea. Will try it on my next shopping. Thanks. =)

  March 22, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Mumsgather said...

Hiya, You've just been invited to my island in the sun. Please bring along some cosmetics and pretty outfits.

  March 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM
Mae said...

Glad you are able to exchange ideas on getting the right length for the pants Belle

No candy, sale over already :( Wow you add 5 inches, your heels must be really high.

Yes Madam, too many to do already, need abit of time MG

 

Post a Comment