Top 5 Favourite Movies

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I got tagged some time ago by dear G on the Top 5 fav movies. Been thinking about it and I found it hard to pick only 5 favourite movies. So, like G I am going to go for movies that brings fond memories.

1. The Sound of Music and Oliver





These were the family favourites where the 3 siblings must have seen both the movies like a hundred times, ok I am exaggerating. But we can't seem to have enough of them. Maybe it's because we are musically inclined.....

2. Mr Holland's Opus



James considers me a nerd. He is quite right. When it comes to studies I can be quite anal. This movie was exceptionally sweet because I skipped class to watch it. This was my first truancy and it certainly was not the last. After tasting how sweet truancy could be, the very next week, I skipped another class for "The Rock".

3. A Night at the Roxbury



James, at that time he was dating someone else and his friend KK convinced me that it was a great movie. It stopped screening at all respectable cinemas and the only sleazy cinema that was screening it was at Pertama Complex! I couldn't go alone, as such I had to persuade my siblings to go along with me. I convinced them that it would be hilarious and that I would pay for their tickets. As I drove to Pertama Complex that evening, we passed the FRU at the KL Mosque, at that time it wasn't really safe to be in KL as it was the climax of the Anwar Ibrahim riot or protest. I convinced my siblings that it would be worth risking our lives ....

My siblings' verdict after the movie :- James is wierd and has a queer sense of humour and since I too enjoyed that movie, they considered me as strange and I certainly never heard the end of it, referring to this movie as "the Pertama Complex Movie".

4. Cider House Rules



My first movie with James.

5. Chicken Little



The first family movie, our very first movie at the cinema with Jesse.

Posted by Mae at 11:14 AM  

7 comments:

March 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM
beetrice said...

I could watch "The Sound of Music" and "Oliver" over and over again and not get bored... :)

It's a huge loss that Julie Andrews can't sing like that anymore though...

  March 15, 2007 at 12:47 AM
Anonymous said...

A Night at the Roxbury is hilarious.

There was nothing nice showing at the cinema but my friend and I just wanted to watch a movie. So we settled for this movie. But luckily it was a funny show.

  March 15, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Anonymous said...

hahahaha, dunno bout u but i definitely watched it more than 100 times for sure!!! mebbe u started having a life before me coz i rber watching those movies long after u forgot all bout the Von Trapps, u traitor! but looking, geez, how simple our minds muz haf been.....
i still stick to my conclusion bout Pertama Complex movie. i thot we watched it with ur ex-bf...Mr Mat Maintain....??

  March 15, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Anonymous said...

Hahahha! Yeah you are right. I was watching a Night at Roxbury with James - not that he was dating me lah, we know who lah har!

Hahahahah! Is it? Cider House Rules? I did watch it too. But I couldn't remember with who.

Hey! Thanks for doing this meme!

  March 16, 2007 at 9:54 AM
Anonymous said...

My mind is a blank... hehheh

  March 20, 2007 at 11:09 AM
beetrice said...

hi hi...I tagged you!

  March 21, 2007 at 10:14 AM
Anonymous said...

I love you beetrice, now I know I am not the only one here:)

I am glad we share the same sense of humour natasha

Canday - Who is Mat Maintain??

Oooo Gina, so you are the babe he was watching the movie with la :P

James your mind has been blank for quite some time already.

Ouch! beetrice, there goes another one.

 

Post a Comment