Beautiful skin, finally

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I was plagued with pimples since 16 years old. At that time, I knew nothing about skin care and the only product I knew was hazeline snow. At 16, I had a huge crush on this guy but the craters on my face just made me feel really unattractive, so I distanced myself from every good looking guy in school. Until today, I still feel sorry for myself for missing out on so much.

I started going for facials when I was 18 years old. After spending thousands of ringgit and using almost every high end, low end and saloon brand...my skin was still so so only and the pores are often clogged. Every month during "the time of month", those rascals will just pop out right at that time, without fail, as if they had been programmed to do so. If I had to travel to another country of different climate, I would experience another volcanic eruption.

I religiously went for my facials every month. The extractions (where the beautician will squeeze out every white head, black head, pimple and every other shit I have under that skin) were unbearable. Anyway I usually leave the saloon with an enlarged face due to the beautician's rigorous harvesting of pimples. It was not a lovely sight. I had to stay indoors for at least 3 days before the swell subsided.

I figured it was hormone imbalance. When I was on contraceptive pills for 3 months, my skin was glowing and smooth as a baby's bottom. When I was pregnant, again the skin was flawless. After giving birth, it's back to square one. I had another problem, I was heavily dependant on foundation and powder to camouflage the flaws. I never went out without make up. This was obviously bad for the skin and most beauticians would advise against using too much make up. At that time, I couldn't live without make-up, my complexion looked frightful without them.

Then Carol came into my life. Beautiful, lovely Carol. She is my neighbour, who happens to be a beautician. I gave her a try, and was immediately hooked. Her facials are really "terror menerror" one and they can last up to 3 hours. She will extract the "impurities" "kau kau", nothing is left unharvested. My favourite session, the massage. This woman's kung fu is first class. Really very shiok.

She introduced me to a new range of products which I had to complete that entire course. She assured me "After using this product, your skin will be very nice and you don't have to come and see me every month already. You only need to see me once in 4 months. I introduce this product to you I lose business, you know".

The facial product recommended by Carol. It is my miracle product

After 2 months, I had beautiful smooth skin. I never used a drop of foundation since then. And Carol was right, I saw her 6 months later for the next facial. Thank you Carol.

This is me without make up after using Carol's product for 9 months and I am very pleased with the results

Posted by Mae at 12:38 AM  

16 comments:

January 2, 2007 at 1:40 PM
TripleJin said...

what?? no before photos? how to compare la....????!!!!!!

Hahahah..i'm on a mission to improve my skin also..where did you get it from?

p/s...could u let "others" to comment..I abit segan to use my lil' tykes' blognames to comment la! Thanks!

mott.blogsome.com

  January 2, 2007 at 3:32 PM
PP said...

Oh my! Your skin looks absolutely flawless! I similarly just worked out what seems to be working well for my skin which I posted on my beauty blog. Keep up the good work! :)

  January 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Anonymous said...

Aiyah. As long as I can remember, Mae always has flawless skin!

  January 3, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Mae said...

Mott - camera shy la, some more I use make up to cover so no before photos. I got the stuff fm Carol, I can get you in touch with her.

Paris beaverbanks - Thanks for dropping by. Love your blog

Gina - hehe that's the beauty of makeup, you get to cover up your flaws

  January 4, 2007 at 10:04 AM
Anonymous said...

Was hvg breakie today and out of nowhere, I spotted a Dr.Seager sign..I think I found the place that sells it....Tks anyway!

  January 6, 2007 at 3:51 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Your pimple-to-perfect complexion was really inspiring...gives the rest of us crater-faces hope.

I'm interested in the product and Carol's facials too. Would it be possible to contact you to find out more? :D

  January 6, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Mae said...

Mott - You may need a trained beautician to guide you on how to use it. If you need more info pls email me at maeling@gmail.com

Syl - Thanks for dropping by. Pls email me at maeling@gmail.com. Would be more than pleased to help.

  January 6, 2007 at 5:27 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi Mae, I'm interested in the product too but how do I get it since I'm from Penang? :(

I've been suffering from pimple problems since secondary school. Desperately need to be "ai swee" too. Haha. Pls help. Thanks.

  January 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM
Anonymous said...

when i was young i never went for facial at all. several years after school, i did have facial but that was done by my close friend, who anyway did some beauty course which include facial.

then as i age (ahem!) and also as i can more afford it lah... now i went for regular facial... at the same place where i have my eyebrow embroidered. once a month. i had since done different type of facial eg anti-wrinkle, face-lifting, lightening, vitamin c and so on. now i'm doing organic facial treatment.

  January 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM
Mae said...

Tiramisu, I'll ask Carol for the add of the stockist of Drs Seager in Penang. Get them to recomend a reliable beautician who can followup closely with you when you use the products. By any chance will you be coming up to KL, maybe I can get Carol to see you first?

Good on you for taking care of your skin Lucia. Organic FAcial treatments, have not heard of it, must be good.

  January 7, 2007 at 9:58 PM
Mae said...

Mott, Syl and Tiramisu - pls let me have your email add, want to email you some info before you get the products. You will need close supervision by your beautician when using the products.

  January 8, 2007 at 12:37 PM
Anonymous said...

Hey!I am using the same product.Started in Oct last year.My pigmentations have faded remarkably and the hydration of my skin has improved noticebly.I have before and after(still taking them) pictures :)

  January 9, 2007 at 7:26 PM
Mae said...

Yes Jean I have seen some people improve just after one set, it is esp effective for treating pigmentation. You shd put up the photos on the blog.

  January 26, 2007 at 2:08 AM
Anonymous said...

Hi Mae,
Am extremely keen about this Drs Sieger products, after reading your post. I really would like to get my hands on a set. Do you mind if I email you to inquire about the details, instructions..etc?

many thks in advance
Celine

  January 26, 2007 at 2:09 AM
Anonymous said...

oops..Sorry...typo..
I meant Drs Seager...


Celine

  February 7, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Mae said...

Hi Celine, I've already email you the details, hope you'll find it useful :)

 

Post a Comment