Goodbye Cracked Heels

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dr SoHo Set for Cracked Heels



Miracles hardly happen to me. Yesterday it did in the strangest way...

There was one part of my body that I have neglected. It had been so neglected that it looked like a prune, wrinkly, hard and dry. I suffered from serious cracked heels.

I have had cracked heels for as long as I could remember and I never did anything about it, simply because the foot is situated at an obscure place where it hardly gets noticed. It didn't help that I love heels, the higher the better. I was told by some people that wearing heels and rubber slippers may aggravate it.

Last week, I gathered enough courage to inspect the condition of my heels and I was truly repulsed by its sorry state of neglect and abuse. I just didn't know what else to conjure up anymore, in the past I tried soaking my feet in warm water, scrubbing it and applying cracked heels lotion advertised on tv but nothing seemed to work.

To add to my misery, at times the skin gets flaky, and other times, dirt residue very often gets trapped between the crevices making me look like a dirty person with no sense of hygiene, sigh.

Before treatment



That's one ugly foot


I decided enough was enough and it was time to take some serious actions. So the next day, in exasperation and desperation, I sought professional help at Peggy Nail Beauty Centre near my condo. Peggy was a very nice bubbly girl in her mid twenties. I asked if she had any treatment for cracked heels. I was in luck. They just brought in a new product from Singapore, Dr SoHo Feet for cracked heels. I asked how many treatments I needed to undergo and but she needed to examine my feet first. This was the part I dreaded most, exposing "it" to a stranger not knowing how she would react. My pruny feet must have shocked her and she inquired if it had been in this state for a long time. I admitted to the years of abuse and neglect like a guilty convict.

She ushered me to the feet treatment area. First she soaked my feet in luke warm water and that followed by application of Dr SoHo's callus remover with cotton wool to remove the dead skin. With the cotton wool pressed against my feet, she wrapped both my feet with plastic for 20 minutes.


Peggy wrapping my foot with plastic




After 20 minutes she scraped away the callus using a spatula. A gargantuan amount of dirt and dead skin came off the feet with the rigorous scrapping. Eww it was truly disgusting looking at thirty four years of accumulated dead skin removed from the feet. Later she filed my feet with a huge feet filer.

Peggy using spatula to scrap away the callus


Dead skin cells


Peggy filing my foot


All the dead skin Peggy scrapped from my left foot!


The next step was to scrub the feet with Dr SoHo's Skin Soften Gel. Finally Peggy massaged my feet with the Repair Lotion.

"Got improvement or not?" Peggy asked as she lifted my feet to reveal the transformation to the guilty yet anxious foot abuser. At that moment I felt like I was in the reality show "the Swan" during the big reveal when the anxious multiple surgery ridden participant awaits the lifting of the curtain for a peek at herself in the mirror. I cried, hugged, kissed and thanked Peggy repeatedly when I beheld in awe the all new smooth, subtle and soft feet.. I was exaggerating lah. I just said "Wah very nice already, thanks". I was indeed amazed by the results achieved in just one session and they looked like a pair of brand new feet.

After treatment


Not perfect yet but immediate improvement just after one treatment


After second treatment. The cracks are almost gone!


Peggy wanted me to go for another 2 sessions of treatment before my heavily abused feet could return to its former glory. This may not be a big miracle to many but it was to me that I could finally have beautiful, smooth feet in exactly 3 weeks.

Posted by Mae at 8:06 AM  

19 comments:

January 17, 2007 at 8:46 AM
Anonymous said...

Hi. I have terrible cracked heels too. But, getting the foot spa thing is not that cheap.

  January 17, 2007 at 8:56 AM
Jason Lioh said...

Yeah, how much? My mum have terrible cracked heels too. Hehe, don't mind forking out a bit to buy the product for my mum during her birthday.

  January 17, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Anonymous said...

Wow! Your heels look so much better!

I think I need to pay a visit to Peggy. I've got awful looking heels too. Where is that salon located? And more importantly...how much? Thanks!

  January 17, 2007 at 11:15 AM
RyeUrn said...

wow is it painful???

  January 17, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Anonymous said...

so cantik la! I very lazy one...no time to go pedicure. When showering, I'll get my pumice stone..and just scrub scrub scrub my heels. Same thing..just no Dr.SoHo la!

  January 17, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Egghead said...

hmmm... my wife might be interested in this treatment :)

  January 17, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Ryan said...

Wow! That's some fantastic work by the beautician! But I have to agree with mott - won't pumice stone work almost as well? Just soak feet in warm water to soften it first, then scrub scrub away!

  January 18, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Mae said...

Gina, Jason Egghead & peekaboo - I just found another place that does it for much cheaper and the products a cheaper as well. Look out for my next post. Will definately get you guys the contact number to get your heels done. Just tested on myself, not bad.

No Ryeurn, it wasn't painful at all. Maybe I had too much dead skin to feel the pain :)

That means Mott your heels still ok condition, pumice can still help. I tried everything already la, it was THAT bad. Just can't get rid of the stubborn cracks!

Ryan - Sometimes we just need a bit of pampering, very shiok one : )

  January 18, 2007 at 4:30 PM
~Tiramisu~ said...

Hi there. Ellgy Plus works well for me. Maybe I'm not having a bad case of cracked heels yet.

You people can try Ellgy Plus as it is much cheaper but I guess it would be cool to pamper ourselves with some pedicure treatments once in a while. Hehehe.

  January 20, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Unknown said...

definitely made me wince at the pics

but really looks much healthier & rosier

(silent thanks once again that i'm a guy... or at least that my heels havent started cracking yet)

  January 22, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Mae said...

Hi tiramisu, now I am using Ellgy Plus at night. But I had to get rid of the 34 years of dead skin, yuks, better leave it to the pros.

Yeh I know Stev it looks really gross, till today whenever I look at the photos, I still wince. Men seldom have cracked heels problem, lucky you :)

  March 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi Mae! I walked past a salon here with the same products last night and thought of your post. How much did it cost you per treatment? Just want to compare prices as I am thinking of getting it done. My cracked heels are driving me insane!

  July 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM
LX said...

Hi, a blogger friend recommended me your post on cracked heels. I have got terrible cracked feet too. I am not sure if I can ever maintain even though I go for treatments. But thanks again, will look out for Dr Soho products.

  February 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi mae.

After reading your blog, i was thinking maybe i could pamper my mum in this comming mother's day! Can i know the price and the place? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Missy

  November 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

  December 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Unknown said...

Thanks for giving out your views and terms on the treatment of Cracked Heels, Really effective information.. Nice sharing.

  February 26, 2015 at 7:37 PM
Unknown said...

I would very much like to try the cracked heels treatment. Can it be done at home or is a visit to the spa necessary. I happened to notice Schol offers a cracked heel repair cream. Maybe I will try it and see for myself.

  February 7, 2016 at 1:39 AM
Unknown said...

best foot massager reviews _this page is very good for buying foot massager.I personally recommend this one.I bought some for my relatives and those are really serving good.

  March 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Bob Nelson said...

Thank you for sharing this information with us,Your blog has helped me regarding Dry Rough Skin , Baby Eczema and many other information,I hope other people may like it.You must try our product to get better result.

 

Post a Comment