Eyelash Extensions

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I wish they were my natural lashes; they are extensions



I have small eyes and have always wanted larger eyes. I am always looking for ways on how to enhance or enlarge the eyes. From experiments and trial and errors, I realised that with proper makeup and some other "little enhancements", any person can have beautiful eyes or at least have better looking and more attractive eyes.

Mascaras could help create longer, darker and thicker lashes. According to a make-up artist, she told me that mascara helps to "open up" your eyes, I think what she meant was that it makes the eyes look bigger. However I dread cleaning the mascara off the lashes at the end of the day, in particular waterproof mascara. Seeing my lashes fall off after each washing was heartbreaking.

I hardly use mascara these days (trying to preserve whatever lashes I have left) as such, I opt of fakes or extensions. Just a quick tip for mascara lovers, curling lashes gives eyes the appearance of being wider & brighter. Shoot hot air from your hair dryer on the mascara curler for 3-5 seconds to warm it up before curling lashes. Touch it first to make sure it's not TOO hot. Shu Uemura makes the most popular eyelash curler on the market. I saw my makeup artist for my wedding photos do that and it does wonders for the eyes and lashes.

Winnie, of Splendour De Beauty usually gives me a call when there are offers at her salon. This time, the eyelash extensions are going for RM88 until Chinese New Year. I made an appointment to see her. I've done eyelash extensions last year at Body Perfect (the place where "Gutsy Girl" got her entire slimming course sponsored) and they were beautiful. But beauty came with a price, RM150, and that was the offer price! Normally it would be priced at about RM300! I was looking for something more reasonable so I decided to go with Winnie this time.

Winnie painstakingly stuck each synthetic lash onto my original eyelashes and since, according to her, I had quite a lot of them it took her nearly 2 1/2 hours to complete. Occasionally I dozed off, my body just couldn't resist the calm and soothing music of the waves and nature. Every pain and ache in my body due to lack of bodily movement for the whole 2 1/2 hours was worth it. I was pleased with the results. The eyelashes looked really natural, naturally long which I love.

Synthetic lashes that was glued to my original lashes



Some of the equipment Winnie used






The glue


I've had them on for 2 weeks since and they still look beautiful. Most of them still holding on strong and still in good shape. I was told by Winnie that it will last for a month if I take care of them, that means no excessive rubbing of the eyes.

I am sure they will not last till Valentines or Chinese New Year. I may go back for touch ups next month, it costs only approximately RM40 for her to replace fallen synthetic lash.

Valentines' coming up soon and what better way to look fabulous with "almost" naturally long and beautiful eyelashes. The lashes are so discreetly good looking and trust me, the men will not even realise what hit them unless they have read this post!

Side profile



Front profile


For those interested call Winnie at 77103036. Her salon is at 26M Jln SS21/58, Damansara Utama. Just let her know that I recommended you, she'll know what to do.

Posted by Mae at 10:03 AM  

13 comments:

January 31, 2007 at 1:43 PM
jujuqtpie said...

Hi Mae, what do you mean "almost" naturally long and beautiful eyelashes? They look SO very natural. Did your hubby notice the change? Just curious...

  February 2, 2007 at 1:01 PM
Mae said...

Hehe, yes he did. James is quite observant and critical when it comes to this type of things. Do you intend to do it?

  February 2, 2007 at 1:40 PM
jujuqtpie said...

If he's the observant type, then he would, wouldn't he? Dunno about extending eyelashes, but did the eyebrow trim before. And I had to ask my hubby if he noticed anything different, and waited while he scrutinized before he finally guessed eye-brows. My girlfriend noticed the moment she set eyes on me that I looked a lil diferent.

  February 5, 2007 at 3:59 PM
domesticgoddess said...

i think i'd rather choose the fake lashes. there are some cheap ones (relative to your earlier purchase) selling on ebay. :)

  February 5, 2007 at 9:57 PM
Mae said...

Yeah jujuqtpie, girls are always more observant when it comes to beauty matters.

Agree with you domesticgoddest. Much easier to just put the fakes on, glad you are able to get them off ebay at a better rate :)

  February 6, 2007 at 11:06 AM
suelynn said...

hi mae, thanx for sharing your beauty secrets with us. ive decided to get my eyelashes done. anything less than rm100 is a pretty good deal.

can i just ring winnie up and mention your name even though we don't know each other?

  February 6, 2007 at 5:00 PM
Mae said...

Sure Suelynn, I'll make sure she gives you better service :)

  February 6, 2007 at 7:17 PM
suelynn said...

I went to get my lash done today.. But, but, I lost the plot!!! Ugh!

Sort of kena 'conned' into getting the Angel Eyes set when I told her I wanted to get extensions. She somehow managed to convince me that I shouldn't bcoz the Angel Eyes' much better ie last longer than the extensions but perform the same function. Only now I realised that you blogged about it. If I've read it earlier, I would've stayed away from it. And the one I bought is wayyy more expensive than rm170 =(

Oh well, in the end I got mine permed for rm40 and bought the Angel Eyes set.

The girl(not Winnie) didn't quite do a proper job with my lashes so Winnie asked me to come back next week to get a touch up from her.

I really should've just stuck with getting the extensions.

Sighh..

p/s: pls don't feel bad, if you do, i mean =)

  February 9, 2007 at 12:49 PM
Mae said...

Oh dear Suelynn, I feel terrible for you. Angel Eyes do give a lovely effect but it can be time consuming when it comes to application whereas for extensions the you'll have lovely lashes for about 3 weeks and then it will start to fall off. I called Winnie and gave it to her, she assured me that she'll she fix it until you are satisfied.

  February 11, 2007 at 6:50 PM
suelynn said...

oh gosh!! that's really sweet of you. no wonder she rang me up the other day and asked me to come back in. thank you so, so much. you dont even know me personally.

you didn't have to go the extra mile but you did. thank you, i really appreciate it.

  February 15, 2007 at 1:30 PM
Mae said...

No worries Suelynn always glad to be able to help:)

  February 16, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Primrose said...

I remember my mum used to trim my lashes when I was younger. And little did I know (nor she), it didn't grow very long. I have never tried synthetic ones but mum said the loreal mascara extensions are good (the white and clear gels). Don't ask me more, I really don't know nor tried...

  May 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi.. just came across ur blog and u looked natural with those lashes! Im tempting to get myself one too.. but how do i able to contact Winnie? and where is it located? Im not from PJ..

Love,
Mie

 

Post a Comment