To Get Lovely Long Eyelashes

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I was on a search for the mascara that gives the longest and most beautiful eyelashes. I've tried Lancome's Flex WP, Loreal's Double Extension both do lengthen but not as they claim and it was really hard to remove even when using eye makeup remover. Also, very "sayang" when I see my lashes fall off during the cleaning process.

Some time ago, I was suckered into buying "Angel Eyes" from Korea which promises extra long and dark eye lashes. I got it because of the name, I should expect something like "Angel Eyes" to give me eyes like angels. Anyway the "Angel Eyes" set consists of a mascara and 2 types of fibres and is priced at about RM170. To achieve the angel eye look, first apply a coat of mascara, then apply the white fibres to lengthen the lash, then reapply the mascara. To achieve desired length, I had to apply the white fibres 4-5 times. To have darker lashes, apply the black fibres and reapply another coat of mascara to enable the fibres to stay onto the lashes. They do indeed lengthen and darken the lashes but the whole process can be time consuming and "messy". By the time I was done with all the applications, my face was covered with strands of white and black fibres. Not very angelic. However, the plus side is the mascara can be washed off with just cotton buds and water.

The "Angel Eyes" set

The white fibre is to lengthen the eyelashes and the black fibre is to make the lashes darker

The black fibre. It can get quite messy


My original 5mm long eyelashes

After using "Angel Eyes"


Recently, I met up with Sally, an oldish friend of mine, who is flamboyant, loud and colourful. She introduced many things to me. Some bad, some questionable but one good thing she did introduce to me were the fake eyelashes from Japan. She kept insisting that I get them. She was wearing them on and honestly they didn't even look like fakes. They just looked so natural and beautiful.

I was tempted and I fell for them immediately. They were lovely. Even James noticed the difference. He thought I went for some tattooing. Each box comes with 10 pairs of "eyelashes" and a bottle of glue. It is priced at about RM250. These eyelashes can be used a few times, depending on how you take care of them. It is not difficult to put on, just needs abit of practice.

The False Eyelash Set from Japan


Can't really tell if there are fakes

Personally, I prefer the fakes to mascara, they look nicer and longer.

Posted by Mae at 8:00 PM  

17 comments:

January 9, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Anonymous said...

wahhhh..so beauty la u! It really doesn't look fake! For that price, it better not!

  January 9, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Eve said...

hie, came across ur blog from PPS. I tried some fake eyelashes before too, but it's not that expensive and it looks like yours. Very natural and long. But it feel like butterfly fluttering around my eyes. hahaha..

  January 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM
Anonymous said...

Wow.. ! very nice.. but i am kinda lazy. .with eyelashes.. too tiring. .just to put it on.. at the right place.. :) therefore i admire women who are able to do it.

  January 10, 2007 at 2:11 PM
domesticgoddess said...

yeah yeah yeah... very natural and beautiful... but RM250 is pricey to me loh! *i'm stingy :P*

  January 10, 2007 at 7:47 PM
Anonymous said...

Yes.. definitely the fakes. Can I jusk ask where can I buy these fake eyelashes?

  January 11, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Mae said...

Thanks Mott, yes I also feel it is abit ex

Thanks for dropping by Eve. Where did you get it, very interested to know esp if there is a cheaper alternative ;)

Hi Mama bok understand how you feel, same here. I only wear them for special functions these days, not so vain anymore : )

Hi Domesticgoddes, yes I know it is quite pricey, lucky James didn't scold me for getting them ;)

Hi Anonymous, I got them from my friend Sally. If you wish to get them, pls email me at maeling@gmail.com I can help you get them.

  January 11, 2007 at 2:09 PM
Anonymous said...

fakes are also easier to apply (and no mess!) than mascara right? i haven't try fakes but of course try mascara. ok next on my shopping list - fake eyelashes. (must check my purse first).

i had my eyelashes permed twice. last only 2 weeks or so.

  January 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Mae said...

It depends Lucia, you need sometime to get used to sticking the fakes with the glue onto the eyelids. I have short eyelashes so perming actually makes the lashes look shorter. But if you have long eyelashes than it'll be lovely

  January 11, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Anonymous said...

RM250 for 10 pairs????????? This is insane.

  January 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Mae said...

All for the sake of beauty, GIna

  January 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Anonymous said...

Wah...u really "ai sui" Mae but very beautiful lashes (the fakes) and so natural...you inspire me to "ai sui" as well... :)

Amy

  January 17, 2007 at 2:28 AM
Unknown said...

mmm. would agree that they look nice indeed.

and for a (largely non-metrosexual) guy to notice that is a small wonder in itself :p

  January 18, 2007 at 9:58 AM
Mae said...

Amy, I am glad you are inpsired to be ai swee. My goal is to inspire women to look and feel good and be happy with themselves : )

Stev - thanks actually it is the small things that really impress the girls ; ) Now you know what to do with the girls, yah.

  January 21, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Anonymous said...

wow! interesting posts since i last visited! love the eyelashes! wonder if i can put them on too, despite my mini-no-double-eyelid eyes??

  January 22, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Mae said...

Of course Ms Tan, even with small eyes, the false lashes will look lovely on you. It'll open up your eyes. Btw if you are interested in a quick double eyelid effect... you can consider the stickers...works well if you leave them on when you sleep throughout the nite, and maybe one hour before you take them off the next morning, you shd see the double eyelids:)

  January 24, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Anonymous said...

I'm asian and I have been trying to good lashes. Most I find are too big and thick. I haven't really worn them before. I like the ones you have posted on your site. They are so natural looking. I was wondering what the name brand was and number. I would like to try to find them on the net somewhere.. =)

  February 7, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Mae said...

Dear Anonymous, I've tried to get the info, but my friend's supplier doesn't seem to have the details. I was told you could purchase something like that from ebay. Sorry:(

 

Post a Comment