Supplements for Good Skin and Health

Monday, January 8, 2007




Since becoming a mother, I became more conscious about my health. I started taking vitamins, supplements and every other thing my mother introduced to me. The reason is obvious, I needed to be healthy to take care of Jesse. These days, everything is about the boy.

Since I am into beauty and vanity, I began looking for supplements which are good for the skin and complexion. During my teenage years when I was plagued with pimples, my mother made me take Vit A, C, E & Zinc. She said this combination will help reduce the pimples. I am not sure if it did, anyway these are some of the supplements which I take for my skin and health.

Omega 3 fish oil is said to be an essential for a clear complexion. There have been claims that this supplement has been used to treat eczema and acne successfully and more and more people are beginning to take Omega3 for inflammatory skin conditions. And this is my favourite....it is also anti-aging. It's other benefits are, it helps in lowering blood pressure, arthiritis, memory loss and dementia.

Spirulina is also another must for good skin and health. Some of the brands claim that it helps skin recovery from acne and prevents scarring. It works to beautify the skin and pigmentation and delay wrinkles!! Also it helps cleanse toxin from the body. I was told that if a child doesn't take vegetable or has unbalanced diet, give them spirulina as it has balanced nutrients to help in the child's growth. Problem is to get the child to take it. A word of reminder, make sure you drink lots of water when you take spirulina to flush the toxin from the body.

"Gamat" or sea cucumber has been known and used by Malays and Chinese for its medicinal properties. It has been generally used for treating wounds and injuries. The Chinese have long realised, since the ancient times, its ability to prevent diseases besides using it as a tonic to promote longevity. Traditional Chinese medicine commonly uses sea cucumber in treating weakness and impotence! Traditionally, women used Gamat for health and beauty, it works well for all topical needs: face, hands, feet, scalp, hair etc...

Anyone taking any other supplements for the skin? Please share with us.

Posted by Mae at 12:13 PM  

8 comments:

January 8, 2007 at 1:26 PM
RyeUrn said...

The Evening Primrose Oil capsules would also be ideal for the skin since it contains Omega 6 though most of the time its recommended only for ladies.

Care to exchange links Mae?

  January 8, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Mae said...

Thanks, sure will be glad to link you

  January 8, 2007 at 6:26 PM
Anonymous said...

Errm....milk thistle for liver cleansing.

  January 8, 2007 at 9:43 PM

yes, I agree with ryeurn - I take evening primrose oil (3g a day). Plus fish oil ( at least 3g a day). Calcium seems to make help -dunno why.

  January 9, 2007 at 12:50 AM
Wildflower said...

Mae,
Try evening primrose oil and also message me personally , for a product that i think will do you and James good. :D

  January 9, 2007 at 2:18 PM
Anonymous said...

do u have email address? coz i cant find it on your blog and wanna recommend this very good product to you & your family. thx

  January 9, 2007 at 6:41 PM
Mae said...

Moot - Thanks, my mom's been bugging me to take that also

Thanks Catherine will definately give evening primrose oil a try

THanks Wildflower, will do that.

My email add is maeling@gmail.com. Thanks Zhang

  February 1, 2007 at 7:41 AM
Anonymous said...

I'm taking Xango. Initially, it was for my migraines and allergies which it fortunately took away, but I also learned that this stuff has 17K antioxidants so it helps my skin too. :) So that's my all in one supplement right now. -Sukh
Oh, you can find it at: jilliankay.natureswellnesssecret.com

 

Post a Comment