Constipation and Complexion

Thursday, January 4, 2007


Regular bowel movement essential for smooth clear skin around the chin



Some time ago, I went to see Carol for a facial. Besides the usual gossiping about our neighbours, I learn something new from her each time I see her.

"Do you have constipation?" Carol asked while she was extracting the pimples under my chin. "Ya, how do you know?" I replied as I quivered in pain when she popped another pimple. Apparently, if you have breakouts around the chin area, it means constipation problem. If there are breakouts near the eye area, it means cholesterol problem.

No wonder I kept having breakouts around the chin. I had constipation after giving birth to Jesse and nothing I took could help ease the problem. I read Psyillium Husk could help cleanse the intestines. Psyillium Husk is sold by most pharmacist and it costs less than RM20 a pack. A tablespoon of psyillium husk with a glass of lukewarm water each morning should keep the bowels moving.

Right now I am taking "Organic Plus" which contains all kinds of greens, grains, enzymes and good bacteria. I was advised by my doctor to consume at least 7 cups of vegetable/fruits daily for increased anti-oxidant. I try to be as health conscious as I can but I find it quite impossible to hit 7 cups of greens a day. As such, Organic Plus serves as a good substitute. I just mix a tablespoon of green powdery stuff into a glass of water each morning before breakfast and by lunch nature will be knocking on the door. And trust me it comes out easily and beautifully. As for the chin, no more breakouts there.

Posted by Mae at 2:40 PM  

5 comments:

January 4, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Unknown said...

interesting that you choose to talk about cleansing. have u considered or tried water therapy?

  January 4, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Anonymous said...

Wah lao. The whole blog on beauty and being vain. Haha. I think I should go to Carol one of these days for the miracle facial. I think she sure curse me when she sees my face. Haha.

  January 5, 2007 at 10:01 AM
Anonymous said...

yala...That's why I am taking psyllium husks. I find it impossible to consume the right amount of greens to shit it all out!

If u try chinese medical halls, they sell 1/2 kilo psyillium husk for less than 20. That's much more than pharmacists..I think.

  January 5, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Mae said...

Thanks lanatir for dropping by. Is it the one that you drink 6 glasses of water first thing in the morning? My max is 3 glasses. Heard from my mom it is v v good.

What to do Gina, I am vain. Now you know what I think of most of the time. No miracle facial la, just shiok massage and "kau kau" extractions but after 5 days the face will look great.

Mott - I still cannot get over the "5kg of turd". That's been on my mind lately. Shd get James to take it, he'll instantly lose weight.

  January 5, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Unknown said...

yes it involves drinking 1.5l of water when u just wake up in the morning. the amt of water is needed to flush the bowels. if u drink too little, it will simply go to the kidneys only

 

Post a Comment